ANM Course Full Information
ANM stands for Auxiliary Nursing Midwifery. It is basically a two-year nursing diploma course which mainly relates to health concerns or we can say that health sector. ANM is a wide course medical nursing field but it provides knowledge related to health like knowledge about various types of equipment used by doctors, setting up of operation theaters, record maintenance of patients, and timely acquisition of medicines.
Or in simple words, we can say that ANM focuses on the study of the health of mankind means those who are interested in this course will acquire full knowledge about operation theatre and its workings, types of equipment, and how to handle them. The main motive of ANM service is to provide better health facilities, treatment to workers, women, and children so that equality should be maintained.
Who can do ANM Nursing Courses?
Following are the points that who can do ANM course-
- Before doing the ANM course, keep in mind that the average fee to do this course is from 1-5 lakhs which varies according to the institutions that you choose.
- To pursue an ANM course, a person should be a 10+2 passing degree from a recognized institution or board.
- Those who are interested to work in the health sector and want to provide their service, affection towards society can apply for this course.
- For doing ANM nursing course, a person must have strong determination, willpower, ready to work hard with full efficiency and dedication.
ANM Nursing Admission Process
The admission for the ANM course depends upon the institutions that you chose and also your performance, behavior, results. Some colleges allow direct admission where the candidates are picked up based on marks that they get in 12th exams but some colleges conduct entrance exams where admission depends upon how much merit you have got i.e. merit-based criteria. If the marks of a candidate are better than the cut-off marks then they are eligible to take admission in that particular institution or college.
Reasons to choose ANM Nursing Courses
There are many reasons to do ANM nursing course like it provides job security, vast opportunities in this field, fair salary as well as the welfare of the people. But more reasons are listed below-
- If a candidate doesn’t want to do a job so he/she can also get the opportunity to teach others in various institutes or colleges.
- The minimum salary of an ANM candidate is starting from Rs 10,000 and it depends upon your experience means more experience, more salary.
- As ANM is related to the government sector, it provides job security with many benefits.
- Medical facilities are not only in India but outside too, so a candidate can get an international job also.
Eligibility Criteria for Pursuing ANM course
There are many eligibility criteria for pursuing an ANM course that a candidate must be fulfilled to get admission for the course. If these criteria are not fulfilled, a candidate is rejected. The eligibility criteria for pursuing the ANM course are listed below-
- For applying for this course, a candidate must be of 17 years and should not be more than 35 years old.
- A candidate must acquire at least 50% in the 10+2 science stream. Also, the percentage required for doing this course varies college-wise.
- It is mandatory for all candidates to pursue ANM courses is that they have passed out 10+2 with the science stream without any back result.
Colleges that offer ANM course
There are many colleges for pursuing ANM course all over India which offers this course at reasonable fees. Some of the top colleges which offer ANM courses are mentioned below-
- IIMT, Meerut
- Teerthanker Mahaveer University
- Magadh ANM Training School
- National Institute of Health Education and Research
- IU – Integral University
- Avadh Institute of Medical Technology and Hospital
- Usha Martin University
- YBN University, Ranchi
Read Also : GNM Nursing Course
ANM Jobs Profiles
After doing a diploma in ANM, there are numerous job opportunities in this field. A candidate can either work as a domestic nurse, community health worker, rural health worker, staff supervisor, many more. The various jobs that are offered for a candidate after pursuing an ANM course are mentioned below-
- Nursing Tutor
- ICU Nurse
- Home Care Nurse
- Community Health Nurse
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- HealthCare Nurse
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Ques.1 What is the time duration of the ANM course?
Ans.1 The ANM (Auxiliary Nurse Midwifery) is basically a Nursing diploma course which can be from 6 months to 2 years but some institutions provide 3 years.
Ques.2 In which sessions (Month), did the exams of ANM is conducted?
Ans.2 The entrance exams for the ANM are mostly conducted between the month of April and May, but due to covid-19, they are conducted in the month of June & July.
Ques.3 What are the top 3 colleges for pursuing ANM courses in India?
Ans.3 The top three institutes that offer the ANM course in India are
- Jawaharlal Nehru Medical College, Madhya Pradesh
- King’s George Medical University, Lucknow
- Aligarh Muslim University (AMU), Uttar Pradesh
Ques.4 What are the top recruiters of ANM nurses?
Ans.4 Some most common recruiters of ANM nurses are- Metro Hospital, Indian Nursing Council, Red Cross Society, State Nursing Councils, Fortis Hospital, AIIMS, Orphanage, Kailash Hospital, etc.
Ques.5 What is the average fee for pursuing ANM courses in India?
Ans.5 The average fee for pursuing an ANM course in India is from 1lakh to 5 lakhs per year varies collage-wise.
Ques 6. ANM Course Fees ?
Ans 6. This write-up will present you with the best guidance regarding this allied health course and you will get pre-research guidance to secure to make the best out of the career.
|Course Fee||10,000 to 60,000 PA|
|Other courses||GNM, B.Sc. Nursing, etc.|
|Average Salary||INR 2.3 to 3.2 lakh per annum|
Ques 7. Which is better GNM or ANM?
Graduates of the ANM and GNM programmes are qualified to work in both the public and private sectors. Because the GNM programme is longer than the ANM programme, it offers more opportunities in terms of compensation and growth. A candidate can also pursue GNM after completing an ANM diploma